Whenever you want a window treatment for your modern and trendy home that gives the best functionality and texture to the interior, then the first blind that comes to mind is a wooden blinds.
Many people prefer to get blinds for their windows because they can be cleaned easily and you don’t have to take them off from the window frame to perform regular or deep cleaning. But if you make a minor mistake while cleaning the blinds, it can destroy the texture and even the whole material of the blinds.
To keep this problem in mind, we put together this helpful guide for you to tell you the right method for how to clean the greasy wooden blinds.
Step By Step Guide To Clean Greasy Wooden Blinds
We will give some important tips on how to clean the greasy wooden blinds. You can clean the blinds in three different ways, which are given below:
1. Perform Regular Cleaning
You can do the regular cleaning with a mop or vacuum cleaner. If you don’t have these two materials, you can also use a hairdryer for this purpose. Follow these steps to perform regular cleaning:
- First, make sure that the blind slats are dry and dusted properly.
- Then take a container and add water to it.
- After this, mix vinegar in the container.
- Mix it well to make a solution.
- Take a soft cloth and dip it in the water to get it slightly damp.
- After this, swipe this damped cloth throughout the slats of the blinds.
- Clean the slats from top to bottom to keep them protected from getting the dust stuck to them.
- Leave the blinds to get completely dry.
2. Clean the Stucked Dirt
Sometimes, if you didn’t take proper care of your window blinds, the dirt particles would start getting stuck to the slats. Cleaning this dirt from the slats will be a little bit of a challenge for you. Let’s look at the steps to perform this cleaning:
- Get a stiff-bristled brush for performing the cleaning.
- Take warm water.
- Take a flat-head screwdriver in order to get rid of the trapped dirt from the slats.
- Insert the head of the screwdriver between the wooden blind slats.
- This will help you scrape off the trapped dirt on the slats.
- Now use a brush to clean the scraped dirt from the slats.
- If the dirt wasn’t removed, apply the warm water on the dirt and again use the screwdriver.
- You will easily remove the trapped dirt from the slats with the help of water, a brush, and a screwdriver.
3. Perform Deep Cleaning
Perform a deep cleaning to tackle the tough mess left on the blinds. Follow these instructions to get the best results from this method of cleaning:
- Take the container and add some water to it.
- After that, add dishwashing detergent.
- Mix it well to make an effective mixture.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle.
- You can use a sponge or a toothbrush.
- Always keep in mind not to scrub too hard.
- Scrub slightly through the slats of the blinds.
- Rinse the water off carefully to keep them away from getting damaged.
- Now leave the slats to dry.
If the Grease Is, Still On The Slats Of Wooden Blinds Than DO This
If the grease is not cleaned from the slats after using all these methods, then you can use this trick for cleaning the slats of blinds:
- Get baking soda for cleaning the slats because it has amazing properties for removing tough stains.
- Then take off your blinds from the window frame.
- Fill the tub with warm water.
- Now place the blinds in the tub.
- Then add a small amount of dishwashing powder.
- Now add one cup of baking soda to the tub.
- Leave the blinds at least for one hour in the tub to get soaked.
- Now rinse them using warm water.
- After this, dry the blinds.
- When they get completely dry, place them again in their position.
Some Important Tops For Cleaning Your Wooden Blinds
- Wooden blinds are sensitive as compared to the other blinds, so be careful while using soap and detergent. Because the excessive chemicals would be dangerous for the wooden blinds.
- Don’t scrub too hard because it can leave scratches on the stalls of wooden blinds.
- Always dry the blinds efficiently before cleaning them with different cleaning agents.
- If the strong stains weren’t removed by performing the deep cleaning, then make an extra effort of scrubbing to get them properly cleaned.
- To clean, use warm water, vinegar, bristles, and another mop or microfibre cloth.
- Perform regular cleaning to increase the durability and appearance of the blinds.
Can You Use Vinegar For Cleaning Wooden Blinds?
Yes, vinegar is an excellent cleaning product for cleaning wooden blinds. Mix it with the water to make a solution that can clean the slats effectively. Many people have doubts about using vinegar to apply to wood. They have a fear that it may cause damage to the wooden blinds. But don’t worry, these are just rumors. It’s perfect for cleaning blinds.
Which Is The Best Thing Used For Cleaning Blinds?
Basically, the wooden blinds are designed in such a way that they have thin slats and are lightweight. They require extra care for cleaning and to prevent them from getting damaged. Protect them by using harsh cleaning tools because they can leave scratches on the slats.
Perform regular dusting to keep them neat and clean. This will help you make your blinds last for many years without getting old or discolored. Always try to use a soft cloth or microfiber cloth to clean the wooden blinds.
We have discussed all the ways “How to clean the greasy wooden blinds?”. I hope you will easily clean your blinds by using all the above methods.
We discussed all the potential problems that you can face while cleaning blinds, despite that, if you face a problem whose solution is not given in the above guide, then you can ask by posting a comment. We will help you solve the problems related to this.