Every window treatment has to deal with the dust particles and dirt that require cleaning regularly. If you don’t perform regular cleaning, the grime will turn into sticky grime that will require deep cleaning. When we talk about How to Clean Vertical Blinds or any type of blinds, then we should have to take precautionary measures that will keep your blinds safe from getting any damage.
Many people don’t know the right method for cleaning vertical blinds. That’s why they damage their blinds while cleaning them. For example, wooden blinds are sensitive and won’t withstand excessive water and harsh scrubbing. But if you didn’t know about it and put them in flowing water and scrubbed them too harshly, they would get scratches and shrink or expand because of the heavy flow of water.
So is the case with vertical blinds. If you don’t take proper care while cleaning them, then they will get broken/damaged. Today, we will help you learn about the perfect cleaning method for vertical blinds.
Different Methods To Clean Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds require extra care while cleaning because they are sensitive and if you apply too much pressure, their slats will be broken. There are various methods to answer the question of how to clean vertical blinds. We will tell you about the best ones that will help you a lot while performing this task. Floor the methods given below to clean the vertical blinds properly:
Tools & Materials Required For Cleaning
The following tools and materials are necessary for cleaning the vertical blinds:
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Dishwash detergent.
- Warm water.
- Soft cloth.
1. Perform Regular Cleaning
You can clean the vertical blinds regularly to keep them neat and prevent them from getting heavy stains. You can perform daily cleaning by following these steps.
- Take a microfiber cloth to remove the dust or dirt from the blinds.
- Start from the top of the blinds by wiping down the headrail.
- Then come to the slats and clean them from both sides properly.
- Clean each slat one by one. how to clean vertical blind
- Or you can also get a vacuum cleaner and remove the dirt from the headrail and slats of the blind.
2. Deep Cleaning
To discuss how to clean vertical blinds more, we come to the process of deep cleaning. Deep cleaning is required when your blinds have heavy stains and sticky grime on the headrail and slats. Follow the instructions given below:
- Take a bowl and add some water to it.
- Then add the dishwashing detergent and mix it well.
- Now take a soft towel and damp it with the solution you have made.
- Don’t soak it with excessive water.
- Now wipe the slats of the blinds one by one.
- When you wipe the entire blind, then get a clean, soft cloth.
- Then damp it slightly with the freshwater.
- Now wipe the blinds with that cloth to remove the residue of detergent.
- After this, leave the blinds up to let them dry.
3. Clean The Type Of Vertical Blinds That Can’t Bear Excessive Water
There are a few vertical blinds that are manufactured using that kind of material that can’t withstand excessive water because it would damage the blinds. For example, wooden vertical blinds will never bear excessive water while cleaning and will shrink or expand. To know how to wash a vertical blinds, follow the steps given below:
- Take the simple cloth and remove the dirt from the slats.
- Then create a mixture of vinegar and water in a bowl.
- After this, take a soft cloth and slightly damp it in the mixture.
- Now go to the vertical blinds and wipe one side of the slat with this damp cloth.
- If it has stains, then we recommend you slightly scrub that area in a circular motion.
- Then take a clean cloth and wipe off the extra residue and then let the slat dry.
- After cleaning one side of the slat, perform the same procedure on the second side and on the entire slats of the blinds.
- Don’t use excessive water because it would damage your blinds.
4. Cleaning Method Of Vertical Blinds That Wouldn’t Get Damaged From Excessive Water
Now we will talk about the vertical blinds that are manufactured with that type of material, which wouldn’t get any damage from the excessive flow of water. This method is best for performing deep cleaning. Follow the method below to learn how to clean vertical blind easily and get better results:
- To detach the blinds from your window, unhook the slats of vertical blinds from the headrail.
- After detaching, clean the dust with a soft, clean cloth.
- Now fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Soak the blinds in the tub and add the dish wash detergent to the water.
- Leave the blinds in the water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now get the sponge and scrub the heavy stains present on the slats.
- Then rinse the blinds with fresh water.
- Now let them dry.
- After the blinds get dried, attach them again to the headrail safely.
We have discussed all the methods for how to clean vertical blinds. I hope all the ways that are mentioned above will help you a lot whenever you perform any type of cleaning. If you face any problem while doing this task, then you can get free consultancy from our experts by posting a comment. We will help you by giving you the most suitable solution for the problem you are facing while cleaning the vertical blinds.