Roman blinds are one of the most widely used window treatments that give a stylish look to your home’s interior. They comprise fabric material and the Roman Blinds Fittings must be correct for getting better results. When you open the blinds, the fabric will be folded by itself and create outstanding and aesthetic pleats.
When the roman blinds are closed, they give a look of the smooth surface having no ridges as compared to the other type of blinds. Hanging the blinds perfectly can make or break the entire style and design of a room.
As we say that these blinds are used for giving amazing decor to the interior design of your home. If you didn’t hang them in a good way, then it would not be more than a disaster.
So, whenever you are going to purchase or install the roman blinds, take the exact size that can perfectly fit your window. If the blinds cannot cover your windows, then the main purpose of hanging them will be killed.
Because if they are smaller than your window frame, they wouldn’t be able to give you privacy, didn’t block the external light, and also look hideous. To help you, we brought this article for you in which we will guide you about the roman blinds fittings.
Step-by-Step Guide To Roman Blinds Fittings
Roman blinds come in different varieties of materials like polyester, cotton, and blackout fabric. They can be available in cord and cordless mechanisms of operating them. Roman blinds are famous for installing in the living rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
They are easy to maintain and you can easily clean them by using an upholstery brush. They are also very easy to install. These blinds come in different standard sizes. If your window didn’t match any standard size, then you can also get customized Roman Blinds Fittings.
For getting the exact size of roman blinds that can perfectly fit your window frame, follow these instructions related to blinds fittings:
Material You Need
- Screws and wall plugs
- Measuring tape
Measuring Roman Blinds Fittings
The first and foremost step is to take the exact measurement of your window frame. For that purpose, take the measuring tape, a piece of paper, and a pencil.
There are two ways of installing the roman blinds: the first one is to mount them inside the recess and the other one is to mount them outside the recess.
Inside recess, mount means installing the blinds inside the window frame while outside the recess means installing them outside your window frame. Now you have to analyze which one would be the best choice for you.
1. Take Measurements Of Inside The Recess
When you install the roman blinds in the inside recess mount, they will fit into your window frame and give a seamless and neat look. You can take the measurements of inside recess by following these instructions:
- Take the measuring tape.
- Now measure the width of the recess from the top, middle, and bottom of your window.
- Then note these measurements on the paper.
- Now you have to measure the height of the blinds. So, measure the height of the recess from the left, middle, and right of the window.
- Again, note down these measurements on paper.
- Whenever you are going to order the roman blinds, you must select the recess option and enter the measurements in it you have taken for getting the best fitted roman blinds.
2. Take Measurements Of Outside The Recess
To get the exact Roman Blind Fittings for installing them outside the recess, take the perfect measurements of your window frame. For that purpose, follow the steps given below:
- First, decide where you want to mount the blinds. Measure the width of your window frame outside of the recess from the left-to-right side.
- Not down these measurements on a piece of paper.
- Then to get the length of the blinds, measure the height from the point where you want to install the headrail of your blinds to the bottom of your window frame.
- Again, note down these measurements on paper.
- When you are going to order the blinds, then paste these exact measurements taken.
Install The Roman Blinds
After getting the customized roman blinds that you have ordered as per your requirements, now it’s time to hang them perfectly. You can install roman blinds easily by following these instructions:
- Take the pencil and mark it at the place where you want to mount the brackets of the blind.
- Now start drilling at the marked areas for making holes.
- Then install the wall plugs into those holes.
- Fit the brackets over these holes and use a screwdriver for mounting the brackets with the help of screws.
- After mounting the brackets, move the swing arm toward yourself.
- Now remove the strip from the headrail of the blinds.
- Then clip the headrail into that swing arm placed on the bracket.
- After this, move the swing arm to lock the headrail.
- Again, attach the strip carefully to the headrail and cover the brackets.
This is all about the roman blind fittings. We have discussed a step-by-step guide for you to understand each and everything regarding this.
If you still have any queries regarding this, then you can ask, our professionals will guide you.